Thursday, February 10, 2011

Seriously, Otter Box cases are effing ugly.

iPhone 4 OtterBox case, circa 2011
TI calculator from eons ago
Want your super-fancy smartphone or tablet to be more protected than the secret recipe for Kentucky Fried Chicken AND to look like a Texas Instruments calculator from 1982? Consider the Otter Box as your portable device protection solution. You'll curse us later.

And, until people come to their senses and refuse to pay this much, as an added insult-to-injury bonus the Otter Box will cost you way more than you should pay for it ($50 for and iPhone 4 case or an even more unreasonable $90 for an iPad case).
 
Just look at how crappy your sleek and beautiful iPad can look when you shackle it with the Otter Box Commuter series case:

And that's not all! When you apply the OtterBox case to your device, it will immediately transform itself from a reasonably-weighted portable device to an unwieldy, rubberized brick, rendering it cumbersome and annoying, a downright pain in the ass to cart around!

Shop Now!

3 comments:

  1. yes. Ugly as hell. I didn't get one. Got a new iPhone 4S. Dropped it, face down, on a sidewalk THE NEXT DAY. Shattered the face completely. I was sick. Just about threw up I was so upset. I personally kind of think Apple deliberately makes them fragile, to increase revenue. I had dropped my Android at least a dozen times over the last year and never got so much as a nick. So, ugly or not, I'll be getting an Otterbox for my NEWer iPhone. Going to work on making it pretty. Somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found a quick pro tip for making bland cases all purty-like. try some masking tape and iridescent paint from your local hobby shop. Thin, high shine metallic red pinstripes make a grey case POP. A caveat to this is that masking only works on flat surfaces, and paint will run through grooves. Also, you'd think i wouldn't have to say it, but make sure your devices are NOT IN THE CASE when painting. That said, etch painting can be a good effect on its own. Just cover the raised sections in tape and inject paint through the grooves, lay flat and remove tape carefully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I searched up strongest phone cases because my phone keeps on cracking when I drop it (obviously lol). Everyone was talking about otter box so I searched it up and dude, it is the most disgusting thing I haver ever seen in my entire life, since when did trash become so expensive?

    ReplyDelete