Monday, January 31, 2011

Teaching with Kindle, Take One

Well, today I had my first class where I tried to teach using the Kindle instead of a real book. Epic fail. The students were throwing out page numbers, and as Kindle users know, Kindle don't got no page numbers. I might have had better luck searching for keywords, but I didn't want to ask students to give me a searchable phrase so I could catch up to them.

Anyone out there teaching with ereaders or the like? What's your experience?

UPDATE: Just yesterday, Amazon announced that Kindle will now feature real page numbers through an OS update. Glad I could be the straw that broke the camel's back. Thursday I will attempt to teach with Kindle again and report back.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20030926-1.html?tag=cnetRiver

No comments:

Post a Comment