Monday, January 24, 2011

Kindle 3 Unboxing

This is my first shot at an unboxing video. Don't know if I'll do it again. I picked up a Kindle 3 over the weekend because I was advised to take some money that's coming my way and spend it all on something. And since that money has to do with writing and reading, I figured I'd spend it on the same. And yes, I have an iPad and a Sony Reader (well, the Sony's been sold), but the Kindle 3 wore me down for several reasons, chief amongst those I have a bunch of Kindle books that I've bought and have read on my phone and the iPad, and I had an eye exam the other day and the doctor told me if I was feeling eye strain (and I was) I should consider an eInk device for reading.

The first Kindle I got went haywire and kept crashing, so I returned it for another one. Aside from that, the reading experience has been really great. I finished a book last night and start reading another this morning as well as work on some manuscripts for the journal I've been editing. We'll see if this Kindle holds up. I'll be back periodically with updates.

Disclaimer: Sorry the video is blurry throughout. I used my Flip Ultra HD and it didn't like the up-closeness of my shots. Still, the audio is pithy...

No comments:

Post a Comment