Wednesday, January 19, 2011

CDBaby gets into the DIY book business.

So now worlds collide and CDBaby has gotten into the DIY book biz with BookBaby. I use CDBaby to get my records onto the various digital stores and now it looks like they're providing a similar service for ebooks.

I don't know how their service compares or if they're a day late and a dollar short when dealing with outlets like lulu and CreateSpace, but this'll be something that I look into.

In other news, I have a new draft of the novel that's been streamlined in a few places and I've sent it out again. We shall see how that goes. I've made a pact to send it out to at least three or four places each week and if there's nothing going on by June, I'm going to do the DIY thing.

And I've also vowed to take the word self-published out of my vocabulary when I talk about this stuff. I like DIY or indie a lot better.

Here's a link to the bookbaby site if you want to check out what they're offering. http://stuffidontneed.blogspot.com/2011/01/cdbaby-gets-into-diy-book-business.html

I'll look at it more closely soon. If nothing else, the fact that they've jumped into the fray means someone outside the DIY pub industry is seeing potential here. Or am I wrong? Thoughts?

Update:  I just did a little more research (I looked at their splash page). They want $99 to distribute your book. Sounds like a crap deal to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment