Sunday, December 26, 2010

Of massaging office chairs and Chopin

Hope everyone had a great Consumermas. We did here in the SIDN house. Among the many things I bought myself recently, two are worth mention as I enjoy them together on a Sunday evening.



Chair awaits my aching back

1. A leather mid-back office chair from Office Depot, (True Innovations Mid-Back Bonded Leather Massage Chair) on sale late last week for $79 (regularly $149). Not the best chair in the world , but pretty darn good and the massage is a nice bonus for those evening s when digging through the snow you didn't shovel for the past week has got the back a-aching.

massage remote in pleather holster.

Online, Office Depot still had these chairs listed at full price, but in the store they were still on sale. If you're looking for a new chair, don't want to spend a ton and need the occasional massage, this might be the chair for you.


Don't you feel relaxed already?

2. The other night I was jonesing for some classical music. We still have a bunch of cds in storage that have never made their way to the hard drives and frankly, I was feeling way to lazy on Xmas Eve to go digging them out, so I went to Amazon and found that they are selling huge collections of classical stuff for $5. By huge, I mean 99 songs for $5. I'm no math genius, but that's a great deal. I got 99 Chopin tunes and 99 of the "Most Relaxing" classical music ditties. Clearly, I'm looking for alternate methods of relaxation, but in this case, $10 for 198 pieces of music is hard to pass up. If you wanna get your classical on, check it. There are a bunch of different, mood-centered collections to choose from, as well as some Greatest hits. Sound quality is fine for casual listening at 196k, but classical-heads will scoff at this decidedly lossy bit rate. I venture to guess that Amazon is not targeting the classical-phile with these gluts.

http://www.amazon.com/Essential-Relaxing-Classics-Amazon-Exclusive/dp/B003O3MTM2/ref=pd_sim_dmusic_a_8

1 comment:

  1. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that i have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. office chairs for sale in west palm beach

    ReplyDelete